Snapshot: Exorcist in the flesh
Filled cardboard boxes sit in the education studies department office suite in the basement of Asbury Hall on Monday afternoon. The faculty and staff in the education department are preparing to move out so that the recently discovered mold in that end of the building can be properly cleaned and investigated. Katie Kraska
Senior Alan Dull and sophomore Sam Borcherding speak with Father Vince Lambert following his discussion on exorcism at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church Thursday night. Lambert, one of 23 exorcists in the United States, described his personal experiences, including when he saw a person levitating and foaming at the mouth to an audience of roughly 40 DePauw students. The Catholic Student Association, one of the sponsors of the event, was partially responsible for advertising Lambert's visit to the student body. Senior MaryAnne Guarnery, president of CSA, said with Lambert's visit, the organization was "hoping to bring truth to a phenomenon that a lot of people are interested in, especially with scary movies and Halloween... and that phenomenon is evil.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Depauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- OPINION: Bernie Sanders: hardly an all-or-nothing candidate
- Men's tennis collects bronze at NCAC championships
- Golf ends season at NCAC Conference Finals
- Track and field battles weather in RedHawk Invitational:
- Developments at May faculty meeting:
- Tigers wrap up season with third place finish
- The final stretch:
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Help Find the Best Cancer Treatments for Kids
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT