Snapshot: Exorcist in the flesh
Filled cardboard boxes sit in the education studies department office suite in the basement of Asbury Hall on Monday afternoon. The faculty and staff in the education department are preparing to move out so that the recently discovered mold in that end of the building can be properly cleaned and investigated. Katie Kraska
Senior Alan Dull and sophomore Sam Borcherding speak with Father Vince Lambert following his discussion on exorcism at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church Thursday night. Lambert, one of 23 exorcists in the United States, described his personal experiences, including when he saw a person levitating and foaming at the mouth to an audience of roughly 40 DePauw students. The Catholic Student Association, one of the sponsors of the event, was partially responsible for advertising Lambert's visit to the student body. Senior MaryAnne Guarnery, president of CSA, said with Lambert's visit, the organization was "hoping to bring truth to a phenomenon that a lot of people are interested in, especially with scary movies and Halloween... and that phenomenon is evil.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer