Snapshot: Exorcist in the flesh
Filled cardboard boxes sit in the education studies department office suite in the basement of Asbury Hall on Monday afternoon. The faculty and staff in the education department are preparing to move out so that the recently discovered mold in that end of the building can be properly cleaned and investigated. Katie Kraska
Senior Alan Dull and sophomore Sam Borcherding speak with Father Vince Lambert following his discussion on exorcism at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church Thursday night. Lambert, one of 23 exorcists in the United States, described his personal experiences, including when he saw a person levitating and foaming at the mouth to an audience of roughly 40 DePauw students. The Catholic Student Association, one of the sponsors of the event, was partially responsible for advertising Lambert's visit to the student body. Senior MaryAnne Guarnery, president of CSA, said with Lambert's visit, the organization was "hoping to bring truth to a phenomenon that a lot of people are interested in, especially with scary movies and Halloween... and that phenomenon is evil.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- David Brooks to speak during Old Gold weekend
- Carol Steele retires, leaves her mark on campus
- Seniors: What will you miss?
- Lana Del Rey returns to the U.S. with new single
- Kappa Alpha Theta and Delta Upsilon win Little 5 criterium races
- Kaku surprises minds of DePauw and community members
- DePauw baseball and softball find success in NCAC postseason
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest