Snapshot: Exorcist in the flesh
Filled cardboard boxes sit in the education studies department office suite in the basement of Asbury Hall on Monday afternoon. The faculty and staff in the education department are preparing to move out so that the recently discovered mold in that end of the building can be properly cleaned and investigated. Katie Kraska
Senior Alan Dull and sophomore Sam Borcherding speak with Father Vince Lambert following his discussion on exorcism at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church Thursday night. Lambert, one of 23 exorcists in the United States, described his personal experiences, including when he saw a person levitating and foaming at the mouth to an audience of roughly 40 DePauw students. The Catholic Student Association, one of the sponsors of the event, was partially responsible for advertising Lambert's visit to the student body. Senior MaryAnne Guarnery, president of CSA, said with Lambert's visit, the organization was "hoping to bring truth to a phenomenon that a lot of people are interested in, especially with scary movies and Halloween... and that phenomenon is evil.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Depauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEDEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEDEPAUW NEWS
- Don ’61 and Barbara Daseke donate $20 million to the Campaign for DePauw
- Man dumped at Putnam County Hospital following I-70 shooting dies
- VIDEO: 2016 Fulbright Winner Interviews
- Softball's perfect conference record shattered
- OPINION: From The Prindle Post:
- OPINION: What's Next?
- OPINION: “Are you a student here?
RECENT THEDEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016