Snapshot: Exorcist in the flesh
Filled cardboard boxes sit in the education studies department office suite in the basement of Asbury Hall on Monday afternoon. The faculty and staff in the education department are preparing to move out so that the recently discovered mold in that end of the building can be properly cleaned and investigated. Katie Kraska
Senior Alan Dull and sophomore Sam Borcherding speak with Father Vince Lambert following his discussion on exorcism at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church Thursday night. Lambert, one of 23 exorcists in the United States, described his personal experiences, including when he saw a person levitating and foaming at the mouth to an audience of roughly 40 DePauw students. The Catholic Student Association, one of the sponsors of the event, was partially responsible for advertising Lambert's visit to the student body. Senior MaryAnne Guarnery, president of CSA, said with Lambert's visit, the organization was "hoping to bring truth to a phenomenon that a lot of people are interested in, especially with scary movies and Halloween... and that phenomenon is evil.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent thedepauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEDEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEDEPAUW NEWS
- E-edition of the 15th issue of The DePauw
- EDITORIAL: Elimination of sexual assault requires entire community
- Clery statistics show increase in drug and alcohol citations, includes new...
- Prindle Institute collaborates with School of Music for dinner discussion
- OPINION: The post-fall break phenomenon
- Professor of the Week: Art history professor Pauline Ota
- OPINION: Aspire to be better - the story of Moise Brutus
RECENT THEDEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus