Nic Flores awarded Walker cup
DePauw students and Putnam County residents contributed to the United Way of Putnam County Day of Caring. Participants traveled to different service sites throughout the county to clean, repair and otherwise assist in beautification efforts. Emily Green / TDP
The Walker Cup, a prestigious award given to the senior who has contributed the most to the DePauw community during his or her four years, was presented last night to Nic Flores. In his time at DePauw, Flores has been a member of the Bonner Scholars program, a Compton Center Intern, a DePauw Environmental Policy Project Intern, a Sustainability Intern and a Domestic Violence Intern for Putnam County Family Support Services. Flores also served as Vice President of DePauw Student Government and received the Paul C. Glick award Monday evening for his contributions to the sociology and anthropology department. Upon recieving the Walker Cup, Flores told the audience, "This cup is not me, DePauw, it's you."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- David Brooks to speak during Old Gold weekend
- Carol Steele retires, leaves her mark on campus
- Seniors: What will you miss?
- Lana Del Rey returns to the U.S. with new single
- Kappa Alpha Theta and Delta Upsilon win Little 5 criterium races
- Kaku surprises minds of DePauw and community members
- DePauw baseball and softball find success in NCAC postseason
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age