Yo-Yo Ma performs with students in "flash mob"
Yo-Yo Ma joins in with School of Music students. Chip Potter / The DePauw
"Let it be known that at 12:10, DePauw and the Greencastle community erupted with music," conductor Orcenith Smith proclaimed when he concluded conducted a group of about 15 sting instruments in the Hub — one of which was cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
School of Music students performed in different areas around the school at noon.
Yo-Yo Ma later played at Asbury Towers Retirement Community on 102 West Poplar Street, around 1 p.m.
He is rumored to continue to play at surprise venues around DePauw and Greencastle before his 7 p.m. performance in Kresge Auditorium tonight.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- EDBOARD: Ice Bucket Challenge - Will the donations last when the ‘likes’...
- OPINION: Speculation and declining impressiveness of Apple products
- IFC, Panhellenic keep first-years at arms-length
- Summer Crime at the Inn
- Men's soccer with pair of tough tests to open season
- OPINION: GMOs, a blessing and a burden all-in-one
- Lazaretto: close to perfect
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care