Last year, The DePauw editorial board created Haiku's for our Little 5 special section. This year, we would like to continue the tradition.
We do haikus in our Little 5 issue for three reasons:
1. The hard news that we would editorialize about tends to die down during this busy week, when campus is more concentrated on uniting with one another in celebration of our peers who work hard training for an intense race.
2. Normally, we spend two nights a week from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. getting the newspaper together. This week, we did that three times in order to create our Little 5 special section. We're exhausted and writing a haiku is a nice breather.
3. Most importantly, Haikus are fun and so is Little 5.
So with no further ado, The DePauw editorial board presents its 2012 Little 5 Haikus:
Biking with buddies.
Ride ride ride ride ride ride.
- Chase Hall, editor-in-chief
The cicus has come.
All the people stand and watch.
Behold Little 5.
- Dana Ferguson, managing editor
May Luck come to the
Little 5 riders like it
did the Colts last night.
- Ellen Kobe, managing editor
Porch parties galore,
hope I make it out alive.
We love Little 5.
- Stephanie Sharlow, chief copy editor
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- DePauw University's DePauw Dialogue: #WhyImGoing
- LETTER: Alumnus supports DePauw University day of inclusion
- UPDATE: DePauw University's day of inclusion programming no longer mandatory
- Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck to deliver Ubben Lecture at DePauw...
- LETTER: D3TV and The Source on social issues
- Volume 163, Issue 24
- Cheers, tears and jeers: Fall 2014
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact