Last year, The DePauw editorial board created Haiku's for our Little 5 special section. This year, we would like to continue the tradition.
We do haikus in our Little 5 issue for three reasons:
1. The hard news that we would editorialize about tends to die down during this busy week, when campus is more concentrated on uniting with one another in celebration of our peers who work hard training for an intense race.
2. Normally, we spend two nights a week from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. getting the newspaper together. This week, we did that three times in order to create our Little 5 special section. We're exhausted and writing a haiku is a nice breather.
3. Most importantly, Haikus are fun and so is Little 5.
So with no further ado, The DePauw editorial board presents its 2012 Little 5 Haikus:
Biking with buddies.
Ride ride ride ride ride ride.
- Chase Hall, editor-in-chief
The cicus has come.
All the people stand and watch.
Behold Little 5.
- Dana Ferguson, managing editor
May Luck come to the
Little 5 riders like it
did the Colts last night.
- Ellen Kobe, managing editor
Porch parties galore,
hope I make it out alive.
We love Little 5.
- Stephanie Sharlow, chief copy editor
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Depauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEDEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEDEPAUW NEWS
- Softball's perfect conference record shattered
- OPINION: From The Prindle Post:
- OPINION: What's Next?
- OPINION: “Are you a student here?
- Sigma Chi becomes first DePauw fraternity to complete Green Dot training
- EDITORIAL: Cheers, tears and jeers to the 2015-2016 school year
- Delta Upsilon and Alpha Phi once again sweep competition during a rainy...
RECENT THEDEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 10 Questions to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- The Prenatal Vitamin Your Mom Wishes She Had
- Help Find the Best Cancer Treatments for Kids
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE