Last year, The DePauw editorial board created Haiku's for our Little 5 special section. This year, we would like to continue the tradition.
We do haikus in our Little 5 issue for three reasons:
1. The hard news that we would editorialize about tends to die down during this busy week, when campus is more concentrated on uniting with one another in celebration of our peers who work hard training for an intense race.
2. Normally, we spend two nights a week from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. getting the newspaper together. This week, we did that three times in order to create our Little 5 special section. We're exhausted and writing a haiku is a nice breather.
3. Most importantly, Haikus are fun and so is Little 5.
So with no further ado, The DePauw editorial board presents its 2012 Little 5 Haikus:
Biking with buddies.
Ride ride ride ride ride ride.
- Chase Hall, editor-in-chief
The cicus has come.
All the people stand and watch.
Behold Little 5.
- Dana Ferguson, managing editor
May Luck come to the
Little 5 riders like it
did the Colts last night.
- Ellen Kobe, managing editor
Porch parties galore,
hope I make it out alive.
We love Little 5.
- Stephanie Sharlow, chief copy editor
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Depauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEDEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEDEPAUW NEWS
- Our Lost Constitution
- Three DePauw Graduates Included in Indianapolis Business Journal’s “Forty...
- Career Fair Offers Opportunities, Lacks Variety
- Spike in Student Life Violations Potentially due to Stricter Resident...
- Tiger of the Week: Maya Howard
- Eli’s Bookstore Seeks New Management
- Swimming Hopes to Make a Splash at This Weekend's Conference Championship
RECENT THEDEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?