Last year, The DePauw editorial board created Haiku's for our Little 5 special section. This year, we would like to continue the tradition.
We do haikus in our Little 5 issue for three reasons:
1. The hard news that we would editorialize about tends to die down during this busy week, when campus is more concentrated on uniting with one another in celebration of our peers who work hard training for an intense race.
2. Normally, we spend two nights a week from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. getting the newspaper together. This week, we did that three times in order to create our Little 5 special section. We're exhausted and writing a haiku is a nice breather.
3. Most importantly, Haikus are fun and so is Little 5.
So with no further ado, The DePauw editorial board presents its 2012 Little 5 Haikus:
Biking with buddies.
Ride ride ride ride ride ride.
- Chase Hall, editor-in-chief
The cicus has come.
All the people stand and watch.
Behold Little 5.
- Dana Ferguson, managing editor
May Luck come to the
Little 5 riders like it
did the Colts last night.
- Ellen Kobe, managing editor
Porch parties galore,
hope I make it out alive.
We love Little 5.
- Stephanie Sharlow, chief copy editor
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The DePauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DEPAUW NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DEPAUW NEWS
- David Brooks to speak during Old Gold weekend
- Carol Steele retires, leaves her mark on campus
- Seniors: What will you miss?
- Lana Del Rey returns to the U.S. with new single
- Kappa Alpha Theta and Delta Upsilon win Little 5 criterium races
- Kaku surprises minds of DePauw and community members
- DePauw baseball and softball find success in NCAC postseason
RECENT THE DEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers