Last year, The DePauw editorial board created Haiku's for our Little 5 special section. This year, we would like to continue the tradition.
We do haikus in our Little 5 issue for three reasons:
1. The hard news that we would editorialize about tends to die down during this busy week, when campus is more concentrated on uniting with one another in celebration of our peers who work hard training for an intense race.
2. Normally, we spend two nights a week from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. getting the newspaper together. This week, we did that three times in order to create our Little 5 special section. We're exhausted and writing a haiku is a nice breather.
3. Most importantly, Haikus are fun and so is Little 5.
So with no further ado, The DePauw editorial board presents its 2012 Little 5 Haikus:
Biking with buddies.
Ride ride ride ride ride ride.
- Chase Hall, editor-in-chief
The cicus has come.
All the people stand and watch.
Behold Little 5.
- Dana Ferguson, managing editor
May Luck come to the
Little 5 riders like it
did the Colts last night.
- Ellen Kobe, managing editor
Porch parties galore,
hope I make it out alive.
We love Little 5.
- Stephanie Sharlow, chief copy editor
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Depauw News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEDEPAUW
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEDEPAUW NEWS
- Don ’61 and Barbara Daseke donate $20 million to the Campaign for DePauw
- Man dumped at Putnam County Hospital following I-70 shooting dies
- VIDEO: 2016 Fulbright Winner Interviews
- Softball's perfect conference record shattered
- OPINION: From The Prindle Post:
- OPINION: What's Next?
- OPINION: “Are you a student here?
RECENT THEDEPAUW CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016